RUMOURS of an imminent Conservative Future (CF) leadership challenge have come to fruition after Liam Walker announced his intention to run for National CF Chairman, TBG can reveal.
In a statement Oxfordshire based Liam Walker said: "Following a letter sent a few weeks ago from Conservative Party Chairman, Andrew Feldman, to activists in which he stated that Conservative Future elections will be held after the party review process has taken place in June, I am today announcing my intention to run for National Chair of Conservative Future."
- Our voice back. Someone not afraid to stand up for young people in our party.
- Put the fun back into what we do, we aren't just about delivering leaflets. Increase the number of social events including a Christmas Party.
- Hold an annual CF National Conference giving members an opportunity to voice concerns, ideas and updates on their own branches. Would also include things like media training, social media tips and key note speakers.
- Support our members making sure those who are willing to give up their own time to set up/run a CF branch have the support to do so. Help and advice with holding events etc.
- Work with the party to have our own campaign teams using the Team2015 model of local people in local seats supported with CF Action Days. Invite MP's and Cabinet Secretary's to help out or speak at a campaign event.
- Hold regular meetings across the country for members to feedback ideas and hold the National Executive to account.
Walker has categorically ruled out running a slate and says he will, "work with whoever is elected into any of the positions nationally, regionally and at branch level and encourage all to get involved in the elections if they wish.
"I look forward to the campaign and to meeting as many members of Conservative Future as possible" - said Walker.
The announcement hasn't been met everywhere with smiles and handshakes however. One CF'er was fuming: "Receiving Liam's email tonight was absolutely disgraceful. In the wake of Elliot's death, this announcement was very premature and very self-loathing. Totally unacceptable."
Other CF'ers are buzzing with excitement: "Walker is fantastic and has a very large character. If anyone can help put CF back together it's Liam."